Elder's Nguyen's Favorite Scripture

"And if thou shouldst be cast into the pit, or into the hands of murderers, and the sentence of death passed upon thee; if thou be cast into the deep; if the billowing surge conspire against thee; if fierce winds become thine enemy; if the heavens gather blackness, and all the elements combine to hedge up the way; and above all, if the very jaws of hell shall gape open the mouth wide after thee, know thou, my son, that all these things shall give thee experience, and shall be for thy good.

"The Son of Man hath descended below them all. Art thou greater than he?

"Therefore, hold on thy way, and the priesthood shall remain with thee; for their bounds are set, they cannot pass. Thy days are known, and thy years shall not be numbered less; therefore, fear not what man can do, for God shall be with you forever and ever."

- D&C 122:7-9

Monday, January 7, 2013

Email - Dated Monday, January 7, 2013

Hi everyone,

I'm doing OK right now.  I have a cold (someone said it might be pneumonia and I really hope not) but I'm recovering (I think.)  I won't know for sure until tomorrow.

We still don't have a lot of work to do here, all of the leads we've followed that could have led to new investigators turned out to be dead ends so far.  We're still looking, still have a few places left to look, and still have a lot to do here.  

We're currently teaching Anh Vu's family.  He is a member who recently returned to activity.  His children don't know how to read very well, so we're helping them with that.  It makes it harder to teach when they can barely read, but we're managing to teach orally while teaching them how to read.  We hope that they might be able to start reading the Book of Mormon on their own by the end of next transfer.

I had a funny little collision the other day.  My companion and I were biking home, I was going pretty fast, when suddenly the motorcycle in front of me stopped.  I didn't have enough time to stop behind them, so I turned to the left to go around them (which is allowed here if you're on a residential street.)  Suddenly there was a truck coming down the street , and my shoulder hit the driver's-side rearview mirror.  The mirror shattered.  Nothing serious.  Somehow the chain on my bike slipped, but that was easy to fix.  I'm perfectly fine, the collision was more funny than anything else.

In short, we're doing what we can, working hard, and hopefully will have more to do soon.

Have a great week!

Elder Nguyen

No comments:

Post a Comment