Elder's Nguyen's Favorite Scripture

"And if thou shouldst be cast into the pit, or into the hands of murderers, and the sentence of death passed upon thee; if thou be cast into the deep; if the billowing surge conspire against thee; if fierce winds become thine enemy; if the heavens gather blackness, and all the elements combine to hedge up the way; and above all, if the very jaws of hell shall gape open the mouth wide after thee, know thou, my son, that all these things shall give thee experience, and shall be for thy good.

"The Son of Man hath descended below them all. Art thou greater than he?

"Therefore, hold on thy way, and the priesthood shall remain with thee; for their bounds are set, they cannot pass. Thy days are known, and thy years shall not be numbered less; therefore, fear not what man can do, for God shall be with you forever and ever."

- D&C 122:7-9

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Email - Dated Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Hello!

How are all of you?  Are you all happy and healthy?

I was fine this week, until Sunday.  Somehow I got the flu on Sunday, and I've been quite sick since then.  In fact I've been so sick that I haven't been able to eat since Sunday.  I've finally started to get better today (though it's only been a short time since I got sick, it feels like it's been quite a long time.)

As for the language, while I'm doing fine with the language here, I expect to have to re-learn quite a lot of the language once I get to Cambodia.

This week is going to be exactly the same as the other weeks, except for two things.  First, I don't have any regular class on Friday.  Instead I have In-Field Orientation all day Friday, and I have no clue what is going to happen during that.  The second difference is much smaller, my companion and I don't have the usual weekly planning session on Saturday, because we are only here for two days next week.

Our investigators are doing fine.  I haven't seen them since Friday or Saturday (you can probably guess why) so I don't know exactly how well they are doing at the moment, but when I last saw them they were doing well.  We have three other investigators, Allen (I might have already told you about him) Rick, and Joe.  They're fairly new investigators, so we haven't taught them very much, but they like what we have taught them so far.  Em Thao is doing very well, we've taught him nearly everything that he needs to know before baptism, and Chi Thuy is coming along fairly well, we've been trying to teach her what she needs to know rather than just teaching the lessons in the perscribed order.

Unfortunately I forgot my camera today.  I'll try to get some pictures to you on Monday or Tuesday next week; however the computers here aren't very good with cameras so I haven't been able to send pictures even when I remember to bring my camera.

I got my travel itinerary this week, and I think I'm going to have to send a suitcase home because I am not allowed to have more than 2 suitcases.  Anyway, the itinerary is

LV: Salt Lake City, UT 8:05 P.M. 30 Oct
AR: Los Angeles, CA 9:05 P.M. 30 Oct
LV: Los Angeles, CA 1:05 A.M. 31 Oct
AR: Hong Kong, Hong Kong 7:40 A.M. 1 Nov
LV: Hong Kong, Hong Kong 8:55 A.M. 1 Nov
AR: Phnom Penh, Cambodia 10:30 A.M. 1 Nov

I'll try to call when I can, but I don't know when I'll be able to call at a reasonable hour. because of the time difference and the fact that all of my flights from the States are fairly late.

Elder Nguyen

No comments:

Post a Comment