Elder's Nguyen's Favorite Scripture

"And if thou shouldst be cast into the pit, or into the hands of murderers, and the sentence of death passed upon thee; if thou be cast into the deep; if the billowing surge conspire against thee; if fierce winds become thine enemy; if the heavens gather blackness, and all the elements combine to hedge up the way; and above all, if the very jaws of hell shall gape open the mouth wide after thee, know thou, my son, that all these things shall give thee experience, and shall be for thy good.

"The Son of Man hath descended below them all. Art thou greater than he?

"Therefore, hold on thy way, and the priesthood shall remain with thee; for their bounds are set, they cannot pass. Thy days are known, and thy years shall not be numbered less; therefore, fear not what man can do, for God shall be with you forever and ever."

- D&C 122:7-9

Monday, November 5, 2012

Email - Dated Monday, November 5, 2012

Good afternoon (well, it's afternoon here, I have no idea what time it is there).

How is everyone doing?  I noticed that Michael said that he no longer has free time, is that literal (he has homework from the time he gets out of school until bedtime) or does he just have very little free time so it feels like none?

Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures as I forgot my camera (I seem to do that a lot!) but I'll try to send some next week.

I'm doing fine here.  We went to the Metro today (it's like a Costco) to get groceries and a new rice cooker, because something keeps happening to the rice cookers that we have and I don't really want to try to open them and fix them. 

It's not really that hot here, but it feels hotter because it's humid here.

Oh by the way, you'll never guess where my first area is.  Actually, now that I said that, you probably already have a good idea of where it is.  So I won't give time to guess, I'll just say it.  I'm in Ho Chi Minh City.  If you don't know where that is, I'll give you a hint.  It's not in Cambodia.

You can still send me DearElders here if you want to.  It's still free (I think) so if you want to send me actual letters, you can (probably) still do that through DearElder.com.

I lost most of what I learned of the language on the plane trip over here, but it's coming back slowly.  I mean VERY slowly.  I think in MTC terms I'd be at about week 3.

One final thing.  If you want to send actual letters, the only way is the mission home address.  I'll only get letters about once a month (for now) so don't expect a quick reply every time.  In fact, I don't know if I'll be able to reply quickly at all, at least, not to what's in the letters.  Here's my current address.
House #2B st. 222 off Norodom
PO Box 165
Phnom Penh Cambodia

Elder Nguyen

No comments:

Post a Comment